Sunday, October 28, 2012

No Limits Run - Texas Motor Speedway

Saturday morning Jackson and I finally ran our 5K. A cold front hit the day before and brought some very chilly temperatures just in time for the race. We headed to Texas Motor Speedway at 6:30 to prepare for our 7:40 start time. We met up with the few Stroller Stride ladies that hadn't dropped out and prepared for our race.

Janie and Leblanc. Jackson & I and Heather and Ty

Jackson all bundled up and ready for the run

Getting lined up for the race, they were over 20 minutes late with the start time

Heather Janie, and I kept that same pace throughout the race and stayed together. It was fun having the other ladies there to motivate me through the run. 

Coming up on the half way point

We ran the entire 3.1 miles, a big accomplishment for all of us and even while overcoming some obstacles. Jackson has never once complained while on our runs but today he decided was a good day to start. With about 10 minutes left in the race he started crying and it only got worse and worse. The best thing I could do was finish there was no way out, talk about motivation to pick up the pace. Janie and Heather were doing the best they could to help, giving Jackson cheerios and trying to make him happy. 

Coming in for the finish

Happy to be finished

Jackson was fine once we got him out of the stroller and gave him some snacks, I think with the delayed start he was ready to get out. I finished the 5K in 40:14, not my best time but I am happy I finished and ran the whole way. When I first started training 2 months ago running 3.1 miles seemed like a far fetched goal but I did it and I feel really proud of myself. Heather and I are already talking about signing up for another one soon!


Janie & Leblanc, Me, Heather and Nicole and Asher

Janie & Leblanc, Me, Heather, Nicole & Asher and Shannon

Me and my little running buddy, my motivation! I love him so much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS