Thursday, October 11, 2012

5K Update

Jackson and I have been training for a 5K we are running October 27 at the Texas Motor Speedway. We were originally using the app C25K but we got a little off track the last couple weeks and now we don't have enough time to finish the app. We started our own training program Tuesday, basically it's do your best at 3.1 miles. On Monday we had a time of 41:41 and today we had a time of 39:13, we are making good progress.

My running pal bundled up on Tuesday morning

I know to some of you marathon runners out there this may not seem like a great accomplishment but to me it's a big accomplishment. I've never been a runner or much of an exerciser until I had Jackson and found Stroller Strides. Because of Stroller Strides I have a new found love for fitness that I hope to pass onto Jackson one day. I now work out 6 days a week, that was unheard of for the old Melissa. I do Stroller Strides Monday, Wednesday and Friday and train for our 5K Tuesday, Thursdays and Sundays, Saturday is my day off. Today I ran the majority of the 3.1 miles and I am hoping by the race I can run the whole thing. I am proud of myself and even if I don't make it the whole way running at least I know I tried my hardest. I will keep on doing 5Ks until I meet that goal and then who knows what I will set my sights on next. I am excited and I feel really good about the progress I have made and where this might take me next. I've got 2 weeks until the race so I am going to keep on keeping on and we will see what happens.

I'll leave you with a few more pictures of Jackson because I know that is why most of you really read my blog...

I loved this outfit!!

He would stand all day if I let him, playing with one of his new toys passed down from cousin Brenden

Such a cutie he really loves this table!!

Making trouble at breakfast this morning




1 comment:

  1. You go girl! haha I wish I could run with you two! LOVE the sock monkey hat btw!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS