Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sensory Play Date

I love having Mom friends it makes life as a Mom so much more fun! Today Jackson & I were invited over to Chelsea & Logan's house for a Sensory Play Date. She asked that each of us make a sensory activity to share, Jackson and I made water bottles filled with different things.

Here are some of the water bottles I made to take to the play date

Jackson testing them out 

This morning at 9:30 we headed to the play date and we had a great time! Chelsea just bought her house and they are waiting on their living room furniture to arrive so she had a nice big empty living room, perfect for the kids to spread out and play without the worry of breaking or bumping into anything. 

Jackson & Logan rolling around playing with all the fun stuff

I love getting to hang out with these girls and we all have boys really close in age

All the different things the Moms brought

The best part about play dates like these, besides getting to hang out with my friends, is all the wonderful ideas I got for activities to do with Jackson, I would have never thought of some of this stuff! Stacy brought vanilla pudding with a little bit of food coloring for the kids to do finger painting, it was a mess but they sure had fun and after we were done we rinsed them all off with the water hose. 

Jackson & Peyton discovering the fun of finger painting

Jackson had it everywhere!!

He loved it!

What a fun day, I can't say enough how happy I am that I have found Stroller Strides and this group of women, I love them and they fill my days with lots of fun! I also love watching Jackson start to interact with the other boys his age, he is really starting to play with them! I also recently got to go to Mom's Night Out with all these ladies which is always a blast!


The whole group at Mom's Night Out

On top of the amazing friendships I have formed with these women, they also push me to do things I never thought I was capable of doing and make me a better, stronger and healthier Mom! For example just recently they have convinced me to do something I NEVER thought I would EVER do...


I have signed up to do a 5K at the end of October. The whole group is going to run it together, including the kids because they allow strollers. Jack and I have been working hard and we are hoping by the time of the race we will be able to run the full 3.1 miles!!

I don't feel like Jackson is working quite as hard as me to prepare for the 5K ;)

We've been busy busy around these parts lately, little Miss Abigail Hueske is getting married NEXT WEEKEND!!!! I'm so excited to be apart of their special day, it may not be by blood but she is my sister for sure, I love that girl!! 

Abigail ready for her Bachelorette Party!

I got us some bling for her last night out as a single lady!

The whole family is going to be in the wedding next weekend and I can't wait for the festivities to begin next Friday!! As for now I will leave you with a couple more pictures of Jack...

He is after my toes!!

Taking a big boy bath!

Eating some puffs

Being silly with Dad in my new pjs





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS