Sunday, June 3, 2012

Baby Food Making Adventures

Good Morning folks it's my turn to get up with the boy so I thought we would head to the office to write a post and try not to wake up Daddy. I got pretty lucky today Jack didn't wake up till almost 7:30, seems like most of the time these days he is getting up before Adam's 6:30 alarm. We have an early riser on our hands but luckily he can be happy to talk and play by himself for a while so we don't have to pop out of bed and get him right away.

We've had a pretty rough week in the Hueske household but I think we are finally getting better. It started with my poor sweet husband getting sick last Saturday. We were out at Huntsville State Park for my family reunion and he got a pretty bad stomach bug. I knew he wasn't feeling good but I had no idea he had over a 101 fever until we got to his parents house that night. I felt awful that he sat out there all day, he is such a trooper and he never even complained just felt bad for not hanging out more with everyone. Thursday afternoon I started feeling pretty bad and possibly came down with the same thing, we aren't sure because mine was a little different. My amazing husband headed home that afternoon and took care of me and Jackson and worked from home. He did such a wonderful job taking care of me and Jackson and I feel very blessed that he is my husband! I don't do sick as well as he does so I require a bit more of attention! I think we are all finally over it now and hopefully this week will bring better times!

As I told you last time we have started feeding Jackson some solids and it has been quite an adventure so far! Our adventure started when I went to a baby food making party with my Stroller Strides ladies. It was pretty crazy since there were 16 of us all trying to take care of the kids and make baby food but I came home with a ton of different foods and had a lot of fun hanging out with the girls!

Jackson hanging out with his friend Peyton at the Baby Food Making Party

I brought apples to the party and I bought way too many so I came home with quite a few. I decided I would make some more applesauce for Jackson, that is one of the foods they recommend to try first. He has done pretty well with rice cereal and I think he might actually like it...

Jackson trying out the rice cereal

He is getting most of it down

Since we were having such success with the rice cereal and I thought he was doing well I figured we could move onto the applesauce that I made with no problem, boy was I wrong he hated it and wanted nothing to do with it. Here is the YouTube link again where you can watch the applesauce video along with many others http://www.youtube.com/user/melissahueske/videos. We have tried again a couple times and still no luck but I am not giving up yet, I have a lot of applesauce!

Here is Jack and I hanging out and making the applesauce he hates so much

Since I was already making baby food and we had a bunch of fresh vegetables Pop gave us from his garden I figured I would make some of the squash and zucchini into baby food as well, what could be better than food grown by his Pop and mushed up by his Mom!! That went over much better he loves the squash, we haven't tired the Zucchini yet but I am hoping that will go over just as well!

Eating some of the yummy squash from Pop's garden! Thanks Pop!

Eating squash in the awesome bib from Aunt Lindsey & Uncle Josh, thanks guys!

It's a fun adventure starting solids and watching all the funny faces he makes as he tries new foods. I'm really enjoying the baby food maker that I got, it makes it so easy I just chop it up and it steams and blends the food all in one step, it even has the food to select so you know how long to steam the food. I bought it with my birthday money from Nanny and Pop so thanks guys Jackson and I are getting good use out of it! So now for the good stuff you have all been waiting for, pictures of Jackson's adventures...

Dad put my new highchair together!

Trying out my new highchair! We really like it, it's not big and bulky like some and it goes right up to the table so he can eat with the family, which he does every night he has family dinner with us and it also will grow with him!

I hung out with my cousin Emily and she liked to hug and kiss me

Grammy got me a highchair for her house and Grammy, Nanny, and Aunt Abi fed me rice cereal

I got to hang out with my Pop

Adam, Jackson and Pop

Hanging out with my Grammy and Pawpaw, they make me smile!

I jumped in the door way while Mom & Dad got dinner ready

I played in the office with Dad while he finished up some work

Give me more rice cereal Mom!! I get mad if they don't feed me fast enough

I'm really silly when I eat rice cereal

Trigger likes it when I eat because he usually gets to try whatever I am eating if I don't finish

Dad got a cool new hat!

I got a bath

I really like baths they are a lot of fun!

My dog Trigger got a bath because Mom said he smelled like a cow!

Dad and I watched Mom cook dinner, Dad really likes his new hat!


That's what we have been up to lately. Next weekend we head home for my 10 year High School reunion, I can't believe it's been 10 years!!! It will be fun to see some old high school friends I haven't seen in a long time, A&M Consolidated Class of 2002! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS