Monday, September 17, 2012

Happily Chaotic

My house is kind of a mess right now, the laundry needs to be done, the floors need to be swept and mopped, the rugs need to be vacuumed and our bags from last weekend just got unpacked. Normally I wouldn't admit this, I am the kind of person who tries to always have my house spotless when people stop by and wants the world to believe that Adam & I live this fairy tale life where everything is always perfectly in its place. I think I finally learned this weekend that life just doesn't work that way, especially not with a baby! Last week instead of being the perfect housewife and getting this crazy house cleaned up, I chose to have fun with my son, we went on play dates and Stroller Strides and had a lot of fun and I am happy I chose this route. This weekend instead of getting this crazy house cleaned up we went to a Birthday Party, watched the Aggie Football game, went to the Fort Worth Food Truck Park, Church, Petsmart and the whole family took a 2 hour nap yesterday!!! Last night as Adam & I finished putting Jackson down for bed and I had basically missed bath time because I couldn't handle the mess and had to clean up a little, I looked at him and said I am happy we spent our weekend this way instead of cleaning up this house it was a lot of fun and that's when I realized I am happy with our crazy, messy, chaotic life and I wouldn't have it any other way! My house may not always be spotless, the yard may not look like the best one on the block and there may be a list of projects that need to get done a mile long but this weekend Adam, Jackson and I enjoyed life as a family and that was exactly what we needed to be doing!

Ready for some Aggie Football Whoop!! Aggies won 48-3!!

This week things might have to be a little different and we will try to get a few more things done, the laundry has started and little by little my house is getting cleaned up!! Poor Jackson woke up this morning with a bit of a stuffy nose so we stayed home from Stroller Strides today so he could get a good morning nap. We are learning to balance things, we can have fun and things don't always have to be perfect! I feel like I'm a pretty good Mom but not always the best at the housewife part of the job, lucky for me my husband likes me just the way I am and doesn't care if the house isn't always spotless!

Last week I went to Central Market with Heather and Ty and got some supplies for baby food. We were in desperate need of some and I also wanted to try out some new recipes since Jackson is getting older and likes more complex food these days. 

Jackson had fun playing in Ty's tunnel after central market

I made Jackson a fruit smoothie which he loves, I am going to have to make more soon!

CAUGHT!!! My little trouble makers, Jackson thinks it's fun to feed Trigger and Trigger is loving it, it's hard to get the food made when you have these silly boys around!

I also made him sweet potato, carrot and chicken, he doesn't like this quite as much as the fruit smoothie!

I still have a ton of baby food I need to make this week, just another thing on the to do list, it's going to be a busy week! Here are some pictures from our fun weekend...

Having fun in the tub, Dad gave me a bubble beard!

Ready for some Aggie Football!!

Watching Football with Dad

Trigger picking out his Birthday present at Petsmart

Jackson had fun watching Trigger pick out his present

With so many choices it was hard for Trigger to pick out a toy!!

Trigger and Jack at the Fort Worth Food Truck Park after the Aggie Win!!

Jackson hanging out with Peyton at Ty & Luke's Birthday Party

Making a mess at lunch today!

I can't believe it but Jackson turns 8 months old on Thursday!! I'll leave you with a picture of him being adorable as usual, all I can say is I really really love this kid!!




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Love this blog(finally read it). I too struggle q
      With house chores and rather the chaotic life! Thanks for sharing

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS