Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


Cox Family Thanksgiving


 Hueske Family Thanksgiving


 Galveston

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!! We got to see all of our families and make a trip to Adam's grandparents beach house in Galveston. 

We started off our trip in College Station with the Cox family to watch baby Brenden get baptized on Wednesday night and celebrate my Dad's Birthday. Adam & I even got a chance to baby sit our little nephew Brenden while Ben & Allison went out with some friends. He is such a sweet little guy!! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Cox Family that morning and I'm so glad we got to spend all the time with my family. 

Thanksgiving afternoon we headed to Brenham to have the Hueske Thanksgiving. It's a Hueske tradition that all the guys go out after eating and shoot skeet and that's where the pictures above are from. Most of us girls sit on the truck tailgate and watch but some girls do choose to participate but not me. After skeet shooting we all head back to the fire house for a second round of eating Thanksgiving dinner. Then the guys stayed back and played poker while Emily, Abi, and I went back to Adam's parents house to watch the Aggie game. Although the Aggies did not win they did put up a good fight and gave the Longhorns a scare so I'm still proud of them! 

Friday afternoon we headed to Galveston for some fishing with Blake and Emily. We don't get many chances to go to the Galveston beach house anymore because it's so far away from Fort Worth so we were excited to go. It was pretty good fishing we caught red fish, sheep's head, flounder, trout, eel, yellow tail, and some other kinds I can't remember. We kept a flounder and some trout and are going to have a fish fry sometime soon. It was a really great trip and it's so relaxing sitting out there and fishing.

On our way back home on Sunday we stopped by Tomball to see Granny Robinson since she couldn't make it to Thanksgiving this year. We had a very good visit with her and I'm so glad we got a chance to see her. It was a very very very long trip home and we didn't get back till about 9:00 Sunday night. It was a very wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm so thankful that Adam & I have such wonderful families!

Next weekend Adam & I are going to get our tree and I'm so excited!! I already have a few presents wrapped and ready to go under the tree. Christmas is my favorite time of year I love decorating the house and the tree and I'm very thankful that God sent his son to save us all!! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. love the Christmas stockings!! :) and i didn't know you guys got that much snow...i'm jealous!
    ~Abi~

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS