Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gobble, Gobble - Turkey Day!


I know, I know Thanksgiving is long gone and everyone has moved onto Christmas time but I had to make a post about the wonderful Thanksgiving we had! The reason I'm so behind on the times is sickness, ugh I feel like we have been sick forever! First the stomach bug, TWICE and now a horrible cold the whole family came down with but I think we are all finally starting to get healthy again and hopefully it stays that way!! Poor Jack had it pretty bad and after a trip to the doctor and a horrible week last week the poor boy is finally starting to feel better, I really can't stand watching my boy feel bad it hurts my heart!!

Our first Thanksgiving with Jack was wonderful we got to see both families and eat lots and lots of food! I'll let some pictures tell the story...

Making Pilgrim Hat cookies with Katy and Travis


Jackson and Emily looking at the dogs


Celebrating my Dad's Birthday the night before Thanksgiving


Jackson hanging out with Ace Thanksgiving morning, he looks thrilled


Honey and Jackson excited about Thanksgiving!


Jackson really loves dogs!


This picture makes me laugh so much, Travis didn't want anything to do with it, Jackson and Brenden are looking at Travis like what's wrong with him and I'm pretty sure my Mom is saying "Frank stop it" because knowing my Dad he was goofing around


My poor Mom all she wanted was a picture with all her grandkids, I'd say this one is your best bet it's pretty good!


This is how my Dad felt after it was done, I think Katy is trying to make him feel better and Emily she doesn't look thrilled either! Family photos always so amusing!


Me and my little man on Thanksgiving


Our first Thanksgiving with Jackson


Thanksgiving was wonderful with the Cox family and after lunch was over we headed to Brenham to have Thanksgiving with the Hueske family...

Thanksgiving with The Hueske Family takes place at a Fire House and it's a potluck with lots of food, skeet shooting, poker games and lots of fun!

Jackson had fun playing with Max!


The day after Thanksgiving Jackson was worn out, he took a nap in Nanny's arms

That's all the picture I got from The Hueske Thanksgiving but we had a lot of fun!! Adam and I are very thankful that we have two wonderful families to spend Thanksgiving with every year!

It's become a tradition that after Thanksgiving is over Adam, Blake, Emily and I all head to Galveston and spend the rest of the long weekend there. We had originally planned to take Jackson with us but after some thought and long discussion we decided maybe he would be better off staying with Grammy and Pawpaw. It was very hard for Adam and I to leave him for the first time but we knew he was in good hands, Jackson had a great time hanging out with his grandparents. Adam & I enjoyed our much needed break and took advantage of sleeping in and relaxing!

We took a walk on the beach and saw some awesome sand art!


Blake & Emily on the beach


Adam & I on the beach


We went down to the sand bar to eat and watch the Aggies BTHO out of Missouri!


Adam & I at the sand bar, it's great being able to walk down the street to this fun place!


The view from the backyard of Nanny and Pop's house, we sure do love coming to this place!!

The boys had fun fishing and caught some great fish. Adam & I had a small fish fry after we got home and it was very yummy!

The boys took their kayaks out to the bay and did some wade fishing


Adam & Blake doing some fishing








Four Spot Red Fish


Flounder

Christmas is in full swing at the Hueske House, the tree has gone up, we made a trip to visit Santa and Christmas cards are on their way to everyone's mailboxes! I'll make a post about our Christmas Happenings soon and today I'll leave you with a picture of our boy getting into the Christmas spirit!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS