Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


Pumpkin Carving


Cooked Pumpkins



Finished Pumpkin Puree


Adam & I went got our pumpkins last Sunday and carved our pumpkins. Adam's is the big pumpkin and mine is the little pumpkin. We went to Target and got some pumpkin carving supplies which included a booklet of pumpkin carving patterns. I used the monster pattern which was level 2 and Adam used the Jack-O'-Lantern pattern which was level 1. I thought my pattern looked hard and I wasn't really sure if mine was going to turn out but it did and I was very happy with my finished product. Adam & I both had a few problems but I think our pumpkins turned out looking pretty good!!

I also decided to get two pie pumpkins so I could make my own pumpkin puree instead of having to buy pumpkin in a can. I really love this time of year because pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread are some of my favorite things to eat. So I thought it would be even better if I had homemade pumpkin to put into my favorite recipes. It wasn't very difficult at all to do but it was kind of time consuming, especially because I was trying to carve my pumpkin at the same time. After I was done making the pumpkin puree I made some pumpkin bread using my mom's wonderful recipe. It turned out to be very delicious and I even sent some bread with Adam to his office. Next I plan on making a pumpkin pie and I can't wait but since Adam doesn't really like anything with pumpkin in it I'm going to have to wait till I have more people around to eat the pie.


This weekend is Halloween and I'm excited. I think we are heading out to Bowie to celebrate and make sure the place is ready for hunting season. The weekend after that is my wonderful husband's 25th birthday!!  I can't wait to celebrate Adam's birthday with him!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Halloween!!!!





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS